CBD oils users have, after quite a struggle, succeeded in getting access to THC free CBD products. The administration has legalized THC free CBD and its products in all states of the US, including Michigan, making access to CBD easier. THC free CBD oils and CBD Oil tinctures are now lining the shelves of most of the outlets, including gas stations and supermarkets. This is a win for thousands of users who rely on CBD products to help them through conditions such as chronic illnesses, anxiety, insomnia, etc. In the write-up, let us see in detail the processes involved in making home-made THC free CBD oil and how you can use these oils to make CBD oil tinctures.
Home-made THC Free CBD oil:
If you are a regular user of THC free CBD oil and CBD tinctures, you might be interested in making them at home. Or you may simply be curious to know the process of making Hemp-based CBD oil at home. While there are many ways to make home-made CBD oils, in this section, we will be learning two simple methods of making pure CBD hemp oils. If you are a novice to home-made CBD oils, you will find this section useful. We will talk about hemp as the base ingredient here because hemp contains less than 0.3% THC, and it doesn’t produce any narcotic effect on the user. Use of Hemp will result in THC free CBD oils.
The two methods we'll be discussing here are:
1. Home-made CBD oil using CBD isolates.
2. Home-made CBD oil using Hemp flowers.
Home-made THC free CBD oil using CBD Isolates:
CBD Isolate is 99% pure crystalline CBD that is available in powdered form. This is considered the purest, THC free CBD form available to buy. To prepare CBD isolate, the manufacturer will remove all the plant material from the hemp plant, and thus will be left with pure CBD. CBD Isolate is a tasteless, colorless, and smell-less powdered or crystalline substance. We prefer CBD Isolate to make CBD at home, as it is THC free and safe for consumption. Do keep in mind that you need to work with exact measurements when making CBD oil at home.
Stepwise process of making home-made THC free CBD oil using CBD isolates:
1. Pour 240 ml of cooking oil into a pan and let it warm up. You can use any cooking oil like canola oil, olive oil, or coconut oil. The temperature of the oil should not exceed 245 F or 118 degrees C.
2. Use about 0.04 ounces o4 1.1 g of CBD Isolate with 240 ml of cooking oil. You will need to crush the crystals properly into a fine powder.
3. You can also use MCT oils like coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil for making the CBD oil. The measurements stay the same. You need to apply 0.04 ounces of CBD Isolate per 250 ml of MCT oil.
4. Add the powdered CBD Isolate to the warmed oil and keep stirring till the powder has completely dissolved in the oil.
5. Once the powder has completely dissolved in the oil, remove the pan from heat. Once the oil cools, you can store it in a dry glass jar.
6. You should store the CBD oil in a cool and dark place to improve the longevity of the oil.
2. Home-made CBD oils using Hemp Flowers:
You can make CBD oil from Hemp buds, but it is a slightly lengthy process. Hemp buds are available for purchase both in stores as well as online. The process involves grinding hemp flowers, baking them, steeping them in oil of your choice, and straining them to obtain the final product.
Stepwise process of making CBD oil using Hemp Flowers:
1. Preheat your oven to about 225F or 107 degrees Centigrade.
2. Finely grind about an ounce of hemp flowers. Alternatively, you can finely chop or mince the hemp buds with a sharp knife.
3. Spread the powdered flowers on to a baking sheet and place it in the preheated oven and bake the flowers. The hemp buds should turn slightly brown and brittle.
4. For home-made CBD with MCT oil, you can use MCT oils like coconut oil or extra virgin olive oils. You need to use one-ounce hemp flowers for two cops of MCT oil.
5. Now place 2 cups of any MCT oil or cooking oil like olive oil, canola oil, or coconut oil along with the baked hemp powder in a slow cooker or a double boiler. Mix the oil and the hemp well into a homogenous mixture.
6. Cook the mixture in slow heat for about 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. When the oil turns greenish-brown in color, this means that the CBD oil / CBD with MCT oil is ready.
7. After the mixture has cooled down completely, take it off the heat. Now you can strain the mixture using a muslin cloth.
8. Store the oil in a clean glass jar and place it in a cool, dry place.
9. The pure hemp CBD oil made by this method stays suitable for consumption for about two months.
CBD oil tincture:
A CBD oil tincture is a category of CBD oils, just like ointments and capsules. A CBD oil tincture is made prepared steeping THC free hemp flowers or other parts of the hemp plants in a medium such as MCT oils, alcohol, or glycerine. CBD tinctures maximize the absorption and the potency of a CBD oil. A CBD tincture is most commonly taken orally or placed under the tongue, the sub-lingual method being preferred for its quick absorption into the bloodstream for immediate relief.
How to make CBD Oil Tincture at home:
To Make home-made CBD Tincture, you need to first soak the selected parts of the hemp plant, preferably the buds in the solvent of your choice. The steeping needs to be done over weeks or sometimes months, to get the required end product. Once sufficient steeping is done, and the final product is ready, the mixture is filtered off. You can store the resulting tincture in air-tight glass bottles.
Tinctures have traditionally used high-solvent alcohols as the medium. But in case you do not want to use alcohol or plan to use the tincture for medicinal purposes, you can substitute alcohol with MCT oils, which are the most preferred options.
What is CBD MCT Oil:
MCT Oils or Medium Chain Triglyceride oils include extra virgin olive oils, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, sesame oil, etc. Various MCT oils are becoming a part of the fitness routine for health-conscious people due to the many advantages they provide. These oils are known to boost metabolism, lower blood sugar, and blood pressure levels and help in managing weight.
Advantages of CBD MCT oils:
CBD MCT oils are being preferred by manufacturers and users alike. Apart from the various benefits that MCT Oil provides to the body, the combination of CBD and MCT oils also offers a couple of advantages:
MCT oils are known to increase the bioavailability of CBD oils to the human body. This means that MCT oils help in quick and complete absorption of the CBD oil into the digestive system. This way, the CBD oil can show its full effect on the body after ingestion.
The combination of MCT and CBD oil will improve the overall shelf life of the CBD MCT Oil, meaning that the oil takes longer to expire. The effectiveness and stability of oil also last for a longer time.
THC free CBD oils and CBD tinctures can be made at home if you can source the required ingredients. Though the process is time-consuming and tedious, home-made oils and tinctures give you the satisfaction of a home-made product.